First Step Community Empowerment is a 501(c) 3 organization that address societal ills in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metropolitan low income communities through social and economic development. Staff has over 50 years of social and economic development experience.
- Workforce development services, job placement assistance for criminal justice involved individuals and others
- Provide enrichment activities/nutritional meals for low income school-aged children
- Provide hot meals for homeless families and children
- Housing referrals
- Social services, i.e. food, clothing, financial literacy for disadvantaged families, credit restoration, car ownership program, van pool services, first time home buyer referrals, spiritual guidance, coalition building, utility/rental assistance (availability of funds/case-by-case basis) and bus passes/gas cards (availability of funds/case-by-case basis)
- Resource referrals for minority populations to be tested for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD's and TB
- Resource referrals to minority populations living with HIV/AIDS for essential comprehensive care
Establish partnerships with other social service organizations and capacity building.
giving to those in need
First Step International Church (Partner) provides school supplies, Thanksgiving baskets, Christmas presents for children, meals for the homeless, after school meals for school-aged children,food resources for those in need and affordable catering
innovative workforce strategies
Assist those seeking employment with resources that could potentially lead to gainful employment on a case-by-case basis.
Assist companies and staffing agencies to find qualified talent and temporary/long term outsourcing is available.